I spoke to Nina, Klara and Jary from the Czech ME Association about life there for ME sufferers, here's what they told me.
- Are there any Czech based ME / CFS charities, associations or support groups? What do they do?
- Do you have any idea (rough guess) and how many people in Czech Republic suffer with the illness?
- How do doctors and the government perceive ME?
- What is the current prescribed treatment and is it successful?
- Does Czech Rep have specialist centres for diagnosis and treatment of ME/CFS?
- Does the medical / government establishments fund biomedical research into ME / CFS? Are they interested in trying to cure the illness
- Are patients protected by the state / given benefits etc for not working?
- What would you like to see changed about treatments currently offered in Czech Rep?
- What is the outlook for patients in Czech Republic? Are there reasons to feel positive, what can be done?