Based upon other European ratios, there are as many as 80,000 people living in Romania with M.E. I spoke to the sister of Andreea from Iași who told me about her battle with M.E.
- How did Andreea get ill?
- Has it been difficult for her to get diagnosed?
- How does this disease affect her?
- Do you know of any support groups or associations in Romania for those suffering from ME/CFS? If so what are their aims?
- How do doctors and government officials perceive ME/CFS in Romania?
- Do patients receive adequate support? Can they receive disability benefits when they are unable to work?
- What changes would you like to see to the treatments currently proposed in Romania?
- What does the future look like for ME/CFS patients in Romania? Is there reason to be positive?